Follow me on Twitter to see what I'm up to...

Click on http://twitter.com/magnaboy87 to see my Twitter. I frequently update this with up to 140 characters describing my current activities.

SAVE IT TO YOUR BOOKMARKS!!!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Argent et Culture (Money and Culture)

Yesterday, I walked to the Népal Market in Kathmandu. At one point., two children came up and kept holding on to my arms. They asked for things over and over. Then, they sat down and held on to my legs so i could not walk and refused to let go until I gave them food. Other people stand in front of me and will not let me pass unless I buy something. At times, grabbing my arm firmly. I have found few people who listen to me when I say no. Another man wanted me to stay at his guesthouse and followed me down the street. He asked me to stay at his guesthouse NO less than 20 times (I am not exagerating). I already had a guesthouse. And those who see this happen to me never help me. This has happened to me too many times to count in all the countries I have visited. Unless one has visited these countries, it is difficult to convey what it is like to experience this. Alas, It is only one part of my experience in southeast Asia. One part of my education of a culture that is different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment